Sunday 19 October 2014

My last year in Brunel part 2

Hey again sweeties,

  So continuing with the last year.
   Soon after fresher's week everyone had to start working hard for their dissertations. The supervisor I chose specialized in cross-cultural psychology so I decided during summer to research on intercultural relationships and especially linguist differences. My title after many many changes ended up being: Effect of Different Linguistic backgrounds to Communication and Intimacy in Romantic Intercultural Relationships.
   At this point I had some inside knowledge of this kind of relationships. We had been officially dating with my Lion (my boyfriend) from April and I was (and still am) head over heels for him.
   He lives in Stockholm so we are in a long distance relationship for the time being but the day will come when we will finally live together. On any vacation or off days I would escape to Sweden to see him. I traveled a lot between London and Stockholm.

These are some of the first pictures of us. These were taken when I visited him in Stockholm.



  Among my dissertation, lectures, flying between London and Stockholm and dance practice I still had some time to host my girls who came to visit from Finland. I have known most of them since first grade. All of them are really important and close to me! They are the ones I go to when I need advice or help.
   The girls have visited me once each year. Every time on the first day they have to get to Primark (lol) because we don't have one in Finland. But only that one day is not enough. They also go there a second time when I am on my lecture just to check that they looked everything through. xD
  This time I also wanted to show Camden town for the girls as it is my favorite part of London.

Going to Primark. You can see how they are bursting with excitement. :D 
Pole dancing on the way
In Camden town


 Most of the year went working on my dissertations. I seriously don't know how many hours went into it. I loved my topic though! I search for participants online, mostly from facebook and it was so great to see how so many people took interest. In the end I ran into a problem of finding people who had been in a non-cross-cultural relationship which was the opposite of the problem I predicted I would have. But it all went well.

   One of my favorite parts of each year has always been the dance club's annual dance show. This year our theme was the 90's which made it even better. 90's music and clothes. We rehearse for the show for many months and then perform 4 shows. The atmosphere on back stage was always awesome and I made so many new friends. But since this was my last show I was a bit sad though.

Backstreet's back
Pic from back stage
In the last show 
Some of my dancing girlies
 We also did a trip to Thorpe park with my flatmates on last days of uni. We'd been meaning to go there for 3 years and finally did so. We decided we would go on all the roller-coasters. A decisions I came to regret later.
All ready to go. I, Charlotte, Laura and Giada.
Here is a map of the place. There were about 6 big roller-coasters. We saved Stealth the last cause it was the scariest. 
Half way through. I think I faces look a little bit more red. Probably from all the hanging up side down.
Giada and I after the Stealth. It wasn't so bad cause it was over in like 10 seconds.
 It did go up to 120km/h.
You can see it behind us going to the clouds. 
That was part 2. Next time I will post about the graduation ball that I had been waiting for 3 years.
Till next time!

Much love,
- Joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment