Monday 20 October 2014

Graduation Ball

Hello,

We are coming closer to the end. I wish I had blogged more actively on my last year but oh well...

So, I told you last time I was doing my dissertation and working hard on it. I seriously don't know how many hour went into it but it was A LOT! Therefore I really crossed my fingers and toes for a good mark. In the end I got an A- and I was thrilled about it! At this point I would like to thank all those who took part and helped me with it!

  Ending our last year called for a big celebration. It was time for something I had been waiting for three years: The Graduation ball!!! I love dresses! Like big dresses! And I got to wear one!
   My dress search took many months of comparing and picking and finally I decided to have one made for me with the money I got as my birthday present from my mom and step dad.
   I also got to go dress hunting with Giada and we found a perfect one for her. Although I hate shopping normally this was the best!
   As the dresses problems were solved all I needed was my Lion. He landed a day before THE DAY and we were only a couple of hair does and fights with eyes lashes away from the night!


We had cabs ordered for us that took us to Radisson Blu Heathrow Hotel where the ball was held.




Giada and I


My dress was custom made after Nina Dobrev's red dress (google). I sewed the ribbon to make it a halterneck myself as I felt the dress was falling without it. My Lion bought me my jewelry. <3


In the lobby we got some group pictures taken. 
Here are all of us girls from our flat. 
Me, Charlotte, Ellie, Laura and Giada. 


And the guys: Gianluca, Jon and my Lion Louis. 




I just have to brag because I have never been so proud of anything in my life (not even my dissertation)! I made this hair do! Doesn't it look amazing?!


In the lobby there was a band playing and it was all very classy. 
Here me with my Lion going to the ceremony. 
In the back you can see a glimpse of the band. 




The party hall. 
We had an amazing three course meal. 
After that there was a little speech. 
Since the theme was night at the races (horse races) people could go back to the lobby and bet money or get caricatures drawn of them. 
We were too busy dancing though! 


I have loads of these and some horrifying pictures we took. 
Also for some reason I spoke Swedish with my Lion for the first time (must be the wine). 


Unfortunately the ribbon resigned half way through the night. 
Probably from too much dancing!
During ''(I've had) the time of my life'' some people were doing some really dangerous looking lifts 
but it was still really impressing. I wish I would have filmed it. 
People were just dancing their hearts out. 
I found out that my Lion can really dance. A skill he has been hiding from me. 
We spent the last hours of the night dancing slow dances in our private area. 
All of it was just so perfect. 


Much love, 
- Joanna 

No comments:

Post a Comment