Wednesday 22 October 2014

Graduation ceremony

Ciao people,

  As my Brunel story ended I returned to Finland. However I had yet my graduation ceremony to attend. I was accompanied by my Lion and my brother. The ceremony was in middle of July and we decided to stay near the campus for one night and the rest closer to central London. 


The first bump to the road came right away when our hotel was overbooked 
and we were moved to another one. 
For this we received a free breakfast and cab rides back to the other hotel. 
All of this and forgetting some stuff to our room made the schedule real tight. 


But I was on time to pick up my tickets, my gown and even take a pic with a course mate. 





Front row baby.
In the ceremony there were speeches, formalities, hand shaking, clapping, more clapping, music and more hand shaking. As I was walking to the platform and getting nervous weather or not I would fall on my face I remember feeling a mix of happiness and sadness because this great experience had now officially come to an end.  


After the ceremony we headed to get our free drinks and to pick up my dissertation from my schools reception. 
 


On the way I ran into many friends like my dance girl Geri. 


Every Brunel graduate needs to take two pictures. 
This is the first one with the Brunel statue.


The second one is throwing your hat in front of the Brunel poster.


And I wanted one with my brother and Lion.


This is not compulsory


But I would recommend it 
After the ceremony we stayed in central London. 
We went shopping, ate a lot and went to see a movie in the biggest movie theater in Europe. 



The whole trip was really great! 
I am so happy I got to go one last time!
Now I have a bachelor's in psychology. 
Off to new adventures!
Thank you to everyone that made my experience so unforgettable!

Happy Brunel graduate
- Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment