Friday 17 October 2014

My last year in Brunel part 1

Hello everyone,

I am sorry I have been silent all of last year! The reason is purely that I had work up to my neck. But I MADE IT! I have graduated and ended my days in Brunel. I look back to all of it with nostalgia!

But back to where we left off:
We moved away from our house just before summer. I left to Finland to work for the summer.


I worked as an intern in Finnish defense forces in their behavioral department. I did some research work but the results are classified so I can't tell you about that but what I can tell you is that it was super awesome to work there!
   Some days at work I was drowning in paper. On other days I was listening to a German orchestra performing on the front yard.

  During summer my mom, brother, step dad and I went to see Robbie Williams to Tallinn. It has always been my dream to go see Robbie with my mom. The concert was amazing!!! All that I had expected and more! When Angels came I cried and thought how rarely I am together with my mom and brother which made me cry even more! It was a special moment!






 Back to Brunel in autumn. This is my room from last year! Standard room with a bathroom. 8 of us who lived together in the flat on second year moved here (1 left to do his placement year). Also we got 4 new flatmates!

I was supposed to volunteer on fresher's week just as a international contact but I was asked to be head contact as someone had dropped out! I just could not say no! I just love this kind of stuff!
  The year before on fresher's week I was in such a high gear I went to campus 10am and left 4am spending all day promoting, organizing and helping freshers. I just love the atmosphere of the week when everyone are friends with each other and I got to help those who were new and needed guidance.

Me as a head contact with my first aid kit. 


Some Henna I got done


Explaining something utterly important to my contact team. All such great lovely people!
Our head quarters on freshers week. 

Wine tasting night was surprisingly a hit

We took some freshers to London. Here we are playing a game called the bachelor in Trafalgar square. 

This is just so funny I have to post it.
One of our contacts taking one for
the team. 

I want to share this video with you that was made of our teams 
and
 a dance we did during the freshers week. 

It is nice to look back and remember all the great things about Brunel. My three years there were truly amazing and I will always think of with warmth. I will make a couple of more posts about my last year, my graduation ceremony and finally my graduation party here in Finland which is next week. Then my time at Brunel comes to an end officially. 

  If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask if you want to know anything about Brunel or studying in Britain. 

Much love,
- Joanna

Our contact team all ready for the week! Miss you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment